Our products are priced according to coverage, number of users and other rights. See our pricing and licensing page.
|Release date||April 2008|
|Nominal scale||1:100 000|
Geodetic Datum horizontal:ETRS89
Geodetic Datum vertical: EVRS
|Database specification||Full product specification|
|Delivery formats available||ESRI Grid, ESRI Grid ASCII, GeoTIFF, XYZ ASCII|
|Data structure and content||Tile partition, which is delimited by degree graduation of longitude and latitude. The tiles have a spatial extent of 1 x 1 degree (3600 x 3600 arc seconds).
The only saved value is the elevation per coordinate.
|Quality and standards||8 – 10m vertical accuracy, 2 arc seconds grid width|
Bosnia and Herzegovinian
France including Monaco
Italy including San Marino and Vatican City
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Spain including Andorra and Gibraltar
Switzerland including Liechtenstein
Geospatial elevation data is used by the scientific and resource management communities, amongst others, for applications such as environmental change research, hydrologic modelling, resource monitoring, mapping and visualisation. EuroDEM can be used directly in numerous GIS applications, some examples of which include:
- Ortho-rectification of imagery
- Flood modelling / watershed analysis
- Modelling water flow or mass movement
- Extracting terrain parameters
- Rendering of three-dimensional visualisations
- Topographic mapping / physical models / creation of relief maps
- Vehicle navigation / intelligent vehicle systems
- Precision farming / forestry
- Flight simulation / in-cockpit situational awareness
- Terrain analyses in geomorphology and physical geography
- Impact studies and geological structure studies
- Design and engineering of mobile telephone networks
- Planning road and railway networks
For more information about EuroDEM or any of our products, please contact us.
To license any of our products, please visit our Licensing page.