- This event is in the past, and registration is therefore closed.
Webinar “Galileo for Surveying”
September 10 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm CEST
The webinar is organised by EuroGeographics (Positioning KEN) and European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA). The goal of the webinar is to brief users from mapping and GIS communities about Galileo developments and the services to be utilised for a high precision positioning and surveying.
Description and the agenda
Galileo is ready to plunge into a new phase: following the successful launch on July 25th 2018, Galileo has currently 26 satellites in orbit and is about to declare Enhanced Services that will be delivering improved Galileo performance with respect to the Initial Services (operational since December 2016). Triggered by the completion of the constellation and by its added value, Galileo is being integrated into increasingly more receivers and augmentation services (RTK and PPP). Already now Galileo users have an improved surveying experience by getting advantages such as easier multipath mitigation, higher availability, continuity, reliability, improved geometry and better results in harsh environments.
The agenda for the webinar session is as following:
- The European GNSS status (timeline, Galileo frequencies, services description)
- Market and Technology trends in Surveying and Mapping
- E-GNSS key features and benefits with the focus on high-accuracy applications (Galileo Open Service (OS) and the Galileo High Accuracy Service (HAS))
- The European GNSS Service Centre as interface between the Galileo system and the users
- Galileo integration and adoption in equipment and within augmentation service providers
- R&D opportunities for industry and receiver manufacturers (Horizon 2020, Fundamental Elements)
– Reinhard Blasi, Head of Professional Markets, European GNSS Agency (GSA)
– Alina Hriscu, Market Development Innovation Officer, European GNSS Agency (GSA)