- This event is in the past, and registration is therefore closed.
Webinar – The role of geospatial data within the civil protection system
17th November 2022 @ 10:30 am - 12:05 pm CET
Geographical information is vital for civil protection and disaster management actors’ day-to-day activities. This webinar focused on demonstrating how geodata leads to building stronger responses for civil protection actions. Concrete case studies from the European Commission (Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations) and National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies were presented and the audience raised their questions in a dedicated session.
The agenda was as follows:
- Welcome remarks, EuroGeographics
- Maps and analysis for the situational awareness sector of the ERCC – Nelles Scholiers, Emergency Response and Coordination Centre – EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Delivering data to fight wildfires and protect forests in Sweden – Magdalena Andersson & Gunnar Ersbo, The Swedish Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registration Authority
- Official geospatial data for disaster risk reduction assessment in Croatia – Igor Vilus, State Geodetic Administration of the Republic of Croatia
- Uniform and Shared Cartography for the Emergency Services – Rink Kruk, National Geographic Institute, Belgium
- Q&A via Slido, EuroGeographics
- Closing remarks, EuroGeographics
Webinar Recording (Opens in YouTube)