Workshop for NMCAs – European Core Data & Services for European Data Spaces
April 18 @ 12:00 pm - April 19 @ 1:00 pm CEST
GeoE3-project, Location Innovation Hub, EuroGeographics and EuroSDR are organising a workshop together for European NMCAs. It will take place in Brussels as a physical event.
Location data has a huge potential – but we need to take the next step together to deploy this potential. We need to integrate location data with other data, work on data interoperability and improve data quality. Data must also be available through API’s.
Let’s come together and share ideas how to do it!
The workshop will be focusing on:
- How could NMCAs’ data and services become a part of the European data spaces?
- How could we work together improving data management, services, and data integration with other data?
- How can we take European data strategy with High Value Datasets into consideration and how to create Core Data Services for European data spaces based on High Value Datasets?
In this workshop we will:
- show viable and interesting examples from the GeoE3-project and our platform (geoe3platform.eu) on how to establish data integration and improve data management and services,
- discuss about establishing a stronger European Core Data Provider network together,
- introduce how Location Innovation Hub created in Finland as part of the European Digital Innovation Hubs could be used as a facilitator for European Core Data Provider network,
- look at financing opportunities (Green Deal and other Digital Europe funding opportunities) and what is needed next: how to address for example Gaia-X, data security and how to engage other communities.
Our goals are:
- To enlarge and develop European Core Data Provider Network
- To support creating a European/National Dataspaces
- To discuss how we could proceed together
Please register for the event if you are working in a European NMCA and your work focuses on:
- data and service strategy
- management of data production and services
- national data platforms
- national co-operation with other agencies and ecosystems
- research in the field
- innovation management
The agenda of the workshop is available here (April 9 2023)
If you wish to book a room at the venue of the event, the Hotel Marivaux in Brussels, please send an email to Megan Manin at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the event in order to benefit from preferential rates. The deadline for booking a room at a preferential rate is 18th March.
By completing the registration form, you are expressing your interest in attending this event.
We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of personal data collected. Your personal information is intended only for the express purpose of organising this event, and if requested by you, for sending you further EuroGeographics related communications.
Your first name, last name, organisation, function and country may be published in the participants’ list following the event.
Please be aware that photographs and videos may be taken during the event and may be used for illustration and information purposes related to activities of EuroGeographics. These may be made available publicly.
By continuing and submitting your registration for this event you confirm that the organisers can use your data and image(s) collected within the context of the event as described above.