The Policy Knowledge Exchange Network gathers and shares information relating to European and global policy developments. Representatives and experts from our members track, evaluate and constructively participate in European initiatives, programmes and policies within the sphere of our purpose and expertise. The work of the Copernicus KEN has been integrated into the work plan of the PolKEN.
Policy – PolKEN
The Policy Knowledge Exchange Network and its specialist working groups are a central pillar of our EU Affairs and Representation Strategy which in turn is essential in the delivery of the Vision and purpose of EuroGeographics.
Topics of interest
The main topics and subject area(s) of interest and discussion by the KEN are:
- Monitoring and evaluating developments within key areas of interest:
- European strategy for data
- Open Data and PSI directive
- High Value Datasets (HVD) Implementing act
- Space regulation programme with emphasis on Copernicus component
- INSPIRE directive developments
- European Green Deal and Climate law for SDGs
- Cadastre related policy issues and coordination with PCC
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Monitoring and participation in the EC public consultations regarding key areas of interest.
- Monitoring and engaging policy topics relevant for stimulation of cooperation, development and capacity buildings of EG members through activities facilitating transfer of knowledge and expertise, joint project and searching for financing opportunities.
- Following developments in the EG member states.
Events in 2021 and 2022
- Thematic PolKEN on Data Governance Act – January 13 online meeting
- Thematic PolKEN on INSPIRE review – May 11 online meeting
- Thematic PolKEN on Artificial Intelligence Act – June 2 online meeting
- Thematic PolKEN on HVD Regulation proposal – June 2 online meeting
- Physical one day meeting in Brussels – 30 November
The group is chaired by EuroGeographics.
|Name||Organisation and Country|
|Amalia Velasco||General Directorate for the Cadastre, Spain
Task Force Leader for Cadastral issues related to policy