The Policy Knowledge Exchange Network gathers and shares information relating to European and global policy developments. Representatives and experts from our members track, evaluate and constructively participate in European initiatives, programmes and policies within the sphere of our purpose and expertise. The work of the Copernicus KEN has been integration into the work plan of the PolKEN.
Policy – PolKEN
The Policy Knowledge Exchange Network and its specialist working groups are a central pillar of our EU Affairs and Representation Strategy which in turn is essential in the delivery of the Vision and purpose of the EuroGeographics association.
Topics of interest
The main topics and subject area(s) of interest and discussion by the KEN are:
- Monitoring and evaluating developments within key areas of interest:
- European strategy for data
- Open Data and PSI directive
- High Value Datasets (HVD) Implementing act
- Space regulation programme with emphasis on Copernicus component
- INSPIRE directive developments
- European Green Deal and Climate law for SDGs
- Cadastre related policy issues and coordination with PCC
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Monitoring and participation in the EC public consultations regarding key areas of interest.
- Monitoring and engaging policy topics relevant for stimulation of cooperation, development and capacity buildings of EG members through activities facilitating transfer of knowledge and expertise, joint project and searching for financing opportunities.
- Following developments in the EG member states.
PolKEN is planning the following activities for the next few months:
- New PolKEN one day meeting in EGHO – 11 February 2020.
- PolKEN webinar on European Strategy for data – 02 April 2020.
- PolKEN webinar – 19 May 2020.
|Name||Organisation and Country|
|Mick Cory (chair)||EuroGeographics|
|Amalia Velasco||General Directorate for the Cadastre, Spain
Task Force Leader for Cadastral issues related to policy