Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia
“The Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia, together with the Ministry for the Environment and Spatial Planning, carried out activities for interconnecting spatial planning data with cadastral data. The project eProstor (eSpatial), co-financed by the Republic of Slovenia and the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund, finalises the integration of graphic and descriptive data of the land, buildings and civil engineering buildings and the determination of the detailed actual land use of the populated areas.”
Tomaž Petek Director General, Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia
Slovenia is delivering a new Building Land Record to meet the needs of spatial planning and the implementation of land policy measures. The record will provide accurate data of built-up land, undeveloped land for building and their development stages.
Effective management of building land, which represents an important capital, requires analysis of its existing condition. To achieve this, the project to acquire data for inhabited land and its actual use was completed in April 2021.
The results are freely accessible through the national spatial information system. The next stage will see this data combined with public road and railway infrastructure data to represent the build-up land. This will become the main basis for the establishment of the Building Land Record.
- Underpins planning of the designated use of space, spatial implementation conditions or new building land for preparing municipal spatial acts.
- Ensures an appropriate land and ownership structure and implements land policy measures for remediation.
- Provides affordable land for living and working.
- Enables management of land in the public interest.
- Enables valuation of building land.
- Provides information on the development stages and other characteristics of building land for interested investors.