“Providing access to cadastral data is one of the major goals that the Hellenic Cadastre has set to achieve. The development of a new set of services that enables citizens and professionals to access directly cadastral data on a 24/7 basis, constitutes a major step towards that direction. Such a capability not only helps citizens and professionals to satisfy their everyday needs as far as cadastral needs are concerned, but also opens-up use of cadastral data in a wide range of tasks and applications.”
Professor Dimitrios Stathakis, President of the Board of Directors, Hellenic Cadastre
The Hellenic Cadastre has developed a new set of web- based services that enable professionals and individuals to get online access to cadastral data and carry out typical cadastral transactions. Such transactions involve overviewing cadastral data, ordering certificates, and carrying out land transactions. Access to data and services is available, online, on a 24/7 basis, through the Hellenic central e-government portal (https://maps.gov.gr/ and https://ktimatologio.gov.gr/Professionals/Account/Login).
The services have been well-received with significant numbers of users accessing the data, which has helped alleviate congestion in the cadastral offices, particularly during the Covid-19 pandemic surge in 2021.
The services were developed almost exclusively by the Agency’s IT Department and incorporated into the governmental e-portal in close cooperation with the Ministry of Digital Governance. The new services are based on the ITC infrastructure previously developed by the Hellenic Cadastre as part of a wider plan to open-up cadastral data and services to the public. They were presented to the Prime Minister by the Minister of Digital Governance in April 2021 and attracted widespread media and public attention.
- Provides online, 24/7, direct access to cadastral data and services to all those who have a legitimate interest in the cadastral data.
- Enables easy access through a well-known focal e-governmental portal.
- Eliminates the need for individuals to visit cadastral offices.
- Avoids congestion in the cadastral offices.
- Delivers a faster service to those interested in land transactions.
- Provides a speedier resolution of cadastral registration problems.
- Improves support for planning and developmental activities.