Working Committee of the Surveying Authorities of the Laender of the Federal Republic of Germany (AdV)
"The Smart Mapping products will make the official geotopography sustainable and fit for future. The innovation of Smart Mapping lies in the implementation of a modular development platform for a fast, agile and economical generation of almost all cartographic products."
Tobias Kunst, Chair of the Working Committee of the Surveying Authorities of the Laender of the Federal Republic of Germany (AdV)
To address the challenges of digitalisation of governmental processes within the German mapping authorities the AdV recently launched the project "Smart Mapping".
The aim of this project is the further development of the well-known AdV standard products, as well as to test and deploy new technology for future cartographic products, such as the new basemap.de, a web map service based on vector tiles technology.
Smart Mapping develops new processes, software and services at all levels of geospatial data processing for the deployment and integration of survey data with other sources. The project team members are state and federal government domain experts and software developers working together in a distributed agile environment.
- Combination of official German survey data with other open geospatial data sources.
- Technical platform for agile development, continuous integration and deployment based on cloud technologies.
- Use of Free and Open Source Software.
- Simple user oriented data model for geospatial data and easy re-use options for users.
- Fully automated production processes for highly up-to-date products.
- New mobile web maps.
- High resolution printed maps on demand in any scale.
- Simple and flexible integration with user data