If you are interested in this position please send your application to Hudson, quoting reference BE768765.
EuroGeographics is a Belgian based, independent international not-for-profit organisation, representing Europe’s National Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registration Authorities. We believe in a society empowered by the use of trusted geospatial services from these official national sources. We represent 63 organisations from 46 countries from across Europe.
EuroGeographics is financed from membership subscriptions, income from the sale and licensing of some pan-European data products, and European Union grants. It employs 14 staff: four are based at its Brussels based headquarters, the others are based across Europe: five in the UK and one in Malta, with the other members of the team providing services from Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Croatia.
EuroGeographics consists of 3 functional areas:
- Finance, Compliance and Office Management
- European Location Service (ELS) Transition Programme.
For their offices in Brussels, Belgium, EuroGeographics is looking to hire a m/f:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
A solid knowledge in Accounting and Financial Reporting, combined with tasks in Compliance, Regulatory and Administrative Affairs
- The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) manages the Finance, Compliance and Office Management functional area.
- This functional area consists of some key corporate activities, including:
- financial management procedures and controls (such as overseeing the book keeping and processing of invoices, preparing management accounts on a quarterly basis as well as full annual statutory financial statements, filling in tax and VAT returns, managing payroll and conducting internal auditing);
- preparing financial reports and interpreting and analysing the Association’s finances (i.e. sales figures, planning and monitoring of the budget, 5 year financial plan, etc.), presenting it to the Secretary General and Executive Director (SGED) and Board;
- ensuring that EuroGeographics meets its legal and administrative obligations and is compliant with all fiscal and regulatory requirements as a Belgian AISBL.
- The activities of the FAM also encompass all administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Association, including the management of Belgian head office facilities.
- The FAM reports to the Association’s SGED who retains overall responsibility for all aspects of the Association’s activity, policy and strategy, as well as overall financial control and external representation.
- The post holder also has the people management responsibility for the Office Management team (Office Manager and Administrative Assistant).
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Financial Manager/Accounting Manager.
- Qualification in accounting or similar.
- Working successfully in a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team.
- Experience of managing and mentoring people
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Belgian legal and cultural environment.
- Experience of working in a small to medium sized organisation, either within the public or not for profit sector, or within a membership organisation
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- The ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities by taking a flexible approach
- Cooperative and collaborative individual, you are also assertive enough to challenge constructively when deemed necessary
- Excellent knowledge of both written and oral French or Dutch and English (the Association’s working language).
- Knowledge and experience of using the Bob50 accounting package, as well as familiarity with payroll systems is a plus
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Office, especially Excel and SAGE based accountancy software.
- The role requires occasional travel throughout Europe, and therefore the job holder must have a current passport.
- A chance to join a small and dynamic team of a growing EU Association and play a key role in their success
- A function with a broad spectrum of tasks and responsibilities, with a wide range of autonomous decision making, and allowing you to make your own mark and contribute to process improvement
- A function in which you have a full range of contacts with both internal and external parties: the FAM works closely with the senior management team and SGED, but is also the point of contact for any outsourced support (Certified Accountant, payroll and pension providers, legal advisors, auditors, IT service providers, insurance providers, tax authorities, landlords etc.)
Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.