National Agency for Cadastre and Land Registration
"We strive to turn the constraints imposed by the pandemic into an opportunity to become more efficient, and, through what we do, we want to contribute to the re-launch of the Romanian public sector through impactful, efficient and interoperable services. At the same time, I strongly believe that our experience, as European cadastral and land management authorities, will play an important role in supporting the sustainable recovery and increasing the economic and social resilience of EU Member States."
Ildikó Rákosi-Seiwarth Director General, National Agency for Cadastre and Land Registration, Romania
Reducing the negative effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and supporting recovery was a key focus for National Agency for Cadastre and Land Registration (ANCPI), Romania in 2021.
By eliminating paperwork, the Agency was able to reduce contact between employees and stakeholders whilst maintaining its levels of service and continuing to deliver new initiatives.
For example, it is minimising duplication of effort through the development of the ‘National Projects’ application which facilitates consultation for projects that produce geospatial data financed from public funds. This means overlaps in the collection of spatial data can be avoided.
The application will be available on the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) portal and consists of two modules:
- The module for use by citizens for consulting the area where a project is being developed.
- The module for public authorities’ use, where data producers can upload or update the geospatial information in shape format, on a TopRo5 support, like project boundaries, as well as other information of interest related to the project on the platform.
The information related to the LAKI III project ‘Geographical Information for Environment, Climate Change and EU Integration’ have already been uploaded.
- Reduces, with the aim of eliminating, the duplication of geospatial data collection in publicly funded projects, as well as those with European financing.
- Ensures better access to information for the public.
- Increases the transparency of land management processes.
- Ensures increased impact of social development and contributes to the increase of the quality of the public services provided by ANCPI.
- Ensures transparency in spending of public money.
- Provides a useful tool for implementing the National Resilience and Recovery Plan.