- This event has passed.
OME2 – User Requirements Workshop
September 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CEST
EuroGeographics delivers pan-European open data from official national sources through the Open Maps for Europe interface. We are currently leading the Open Maps for Europe 2 project (OME2), co-funded by the European Union, which builds on the interface developed by the award-winning Open Maps for Europe (OME) Project, completed in December 2022 and co-financed by the Connecting Europe Facility.
This workshop aimed to engage with our stakeholders by taking on-board their feedback, informing them of the project aims and outcomes, and ultimately aimed to ensure that the National Mapping and Cadastral datasets available meet their requirements.
This virtual workshop was by invitation only, and the intended audience were users of geospatial data in the various European Commission DGs and EU Agencies.
The agenda was as follows:
• Introduction and Welcome – Carol Agius, EuroGeographics
• Setting the scene
Relevant European Commission Policy – Carol Agius, EuroGeographics
Previous work on User requirements - Angela Baker, EuroGeographics
• OME2 project – Victoria Persson, EuroGeographics
• OME2 Production process for a high-value large-scale prototype – Noemie Gremeaux, IGN France
• Conversation with the Users – Facilitated break out session
• Opportunities to ask questions in slido
• Next steps – Victoria Persson, EuroGeographics