Recruitment of Finance Officer at EuroGeographics
EuroGeographics is the European Association gathering 60 National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies from 45 countries throughout Europe.
EuroGeographics supports the public good by representing its members’ interests, maintaining networks that help members improve their capabilities and role, and by facilitating access to and use of its members’ geospatial data and services. By providing a single point of contact, we enable government, business and citizens to benefit from their collective expertise, products and services.
EuroGeographics offices are located in Brussels, on Rue du Nord 76.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic Officer to join the team. As part of this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in all tasks related to accounting and reporting. You will also assist her in governance and HR matters.
You will work under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Support the accounting of the Association from A to Z, under the supervision of the Finance Manager, and in collaboration with our external chartered accountant;
- Extract accounting information and produce financial reports for the Finance Manager;
- Provide support with HR administration and payrolls;
- Provide support in governance matters;
- Process bank payments for providers and staff;
- Support the Finance Manager and the overall projects team with the financial management of EU-funded projects;
- Monitor the budgets of EU grants and service contracts, including monitoring timesheets, staff costs and projects sub-contracts;
What we offer:
- This is a part time contract, 20 hours per week (4 hours per day);
- Salary package based on experience and qualifications;
- Meal vouchers, eco-cheques, group insurance, refund of public transport;
- Dynamic international, multi-cultural, friendly, and talented team, fostering collaborative and supportive culture;
- Support from the wider team to share knowledge to develop new skills;
- A work environment where we care for the well-being of our employees;
- Training when deemed necessary;
- Committed management: regular briefings, feedback and advice, to ensure successful completion of the role as described;
- Significant autonomy and flexibility in your daily work.
Your skills and mindset:
- Analytical mind and sense of details;
- You take pride in precise, concise, clean and error-free work;
- An independent character with the capacity to know when to ask for guidance;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- Sense of organisation and planning with demonstrated ability to prioritise while multitasking, follow through, meet deadlines and deliver results, ability to multi-task and coordinate several tasks simultaneously;
- You are a real problem solver;
- You are motivated, proactive, autonomous, discreet, have a hands-on attitude;
- Desire to learn & execute other tasks beside accounting and financial activities.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Management, or 3 years relevant proven experience in financial and administrative management in a similar position;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in Excel is required;
- General IT proficiency in order to be able to work in a distributed environment, where 90% of the tasks are done remotely;
- At least C1 level in English and French (oral and written), since our working language is English;
- Having the right to live and work in Belgium.
- A genuine interest in European associations activities and in geospatial data;
- Experience within a not-for-profit organization is a plus;
- Basic knowledge of European funding rules and programmes;
- Any other European (EU and non-EU) language is a plus.
Please send your application in English (CV and motivation letter describing the relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for this position) to Matina Fuentes – Administrative Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject “Finance Officer Application – Full name – Referral Source” before 31rst August 2021.
Applications not meeting the application requirements will not be considered, and due to the expected number of candidatures, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CV and personal data of non-selected candidates are not shared with anyone outside EuroGeographics, unless specifically authorised by the applicant.
Starting date: September 2021.
NB: Possibility to telework. The position remains stationed in Belgium.